Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Home for Now





So a couple of weeks ago we moved into our new location, Teasley Elementary School, in Smyrna/Vinings area. This will be a temporary home for us, but for now it's a great fit. When I first heard the possibility of going to a school cafeteria, I immediately envisioned institutionalized lighting, a big, open, non-cozy space, and lingering smells of sour rags and salisbury steak. Sorry to be debbie downer on school cafeterias, but who doesn't equate them with those things? Anywho, I was completely wrong and the Teasley cafeteria has proved to be a lovely home. Not to mention, the staff at Teasley have been so welcoming and helpful. I think it's going to be a great opportunity for our church to serve the community and form new relationships in the Vinings area. I included a few pictures of our last couple of Sundays in our new location!

No comments:

Post a Comment